Sunday, October 18, 2009

Happy Birthday, Mommy!


Mommy turned the big 3-4 on Saturday. However, that is just her physical age. Meg (of The Fosters) proposed the concept of "mental age", or the age one actually feels she is. Therefore, Mommy just celebrated her mental-age-twenty-eighth birthday!

Mommy's Naturopath has her on an anti-inflammatory diet -- which means no gluten, refined sugar, dairy (except organic eggs and butter)...the list goes on. So, this cake was a bit of a challenge to say the least (and is actually trial #2, since #1 was an ERROR!) The cake is gluten-free and the frosting is made with tofu, grained-sweetened chocolate chips (cheating a bit), and unsweetened chocolate almond milk. Sounds questionable, but actually pretty good. We had a small celebration with Grandma Ginny, GG, and Daddy in between soccer games and recruits.

5 comments:

  1. This cake sounds questionable

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this cake sounds amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whatever ....all cake is great so eat it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Girly..I got newz furr you cake is dang good and I no that cuz I am over 3fifty pondz and I never seen a Twinkie I dnt like. Leave HEather alone she is thin as can be kinda like a supa model so Heather you keep going making that splenda vegieterrian style desert.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow you guys get some bizarre people leaving comments on here. We just ate some soy chorizo tacos and they would have been great on top of some gluten free cake!

    ReplyDelete