Too much schoolwork led to a low-key birthday. However, stemming from a guilty conscience, we have been celebrating for the past week whenever we can. I don't think Linley has minded her unique 2nd birthday! Post-birthday party March 2nd!
Linley blew out her candles and eventually enjoyed her cupcakes. I made vanilla cupcakes, but didn't have any frosting. I presented the cupcake to her complete with flickering candles. She blew out the candles, inspected the plain, yellow cupcake and said, "No thanks." I could not believe that a toddler turned up her nose at cake, but then soon remembered the cocoa bean doesn't fall too far from the cocoa tree...I slathered it with Nutella -- chocolate to the rescue! She ate it all.
We had dress rehearsal for Linley's 2nd birthday last week. We baked chocolate cupcakes (substituting avocado for eggs and maple syrup for granulated sugar) and they were delicious!!

No comments:
Post a Comment